Fieldwork Opportunities - Bay Area
In the San Francisco Bay Area, Seneca provides in-depth fieldwork placement and training opportunities for MSW interns, MFT and PCC trainees and PsyD practicum students currently enrolled in a graduate level program.
Graduate students at Seneca experience:
- An intensive orientation to Seneca’s population served, values, philosophy, and practice at the beginning of their fieldwork placement.
- An opportunity to conduct fieldwork in a variety of programs.
- Training and supervision focused on the Seneca treatment model.
- Training and Mini Grand Rounds presented on a wide range of topics applicable to working with children and their families.
- Weekly supervision provided by a Seneca Clinician with an appropriate degree or license.
- Weekly group supervision when applicable to the student’s fieldwork agreement.
- Fieldwork stipend available. See below for details.
2. Select Fieldwork Placement as the employment category to ensure your application is sent to Seneca’s fieldwork coordinator.
All students must pass a background check, TB and fingerprint clearances and all students must complete Seneca's intensive orientation training prior to the start of the semester or quarter.
Time Commitment and Stipend Payment Policy - Bay Area Programs
In order to establish therapeutic relationships with our youth and families, we require a nine to ten month commitment from all students; beginning in the fall of each year and continuing through to the spring of the following year. Some fieldwork placements can be extended to 12 months (fall to fall) if requested by the student at the time of application. Please note we do not offer winter-start or summer-only fieldwork placements.
MSW interns, MFT trainees, and PsyD practicum students in placement receive $300/mo for working 16 hours per week; $500/mo for students working 24 hours per week; and $700mo for 2nd year students working 24 hours per week who also completed their 1st year internship with Seneca. Please note: Receipts for educational expenses are required for the full amount of your stipend.
Who should apply?
The training settings we offer are most appropriate for advanced students who already have some exposure to clinical populations and direct work with clients. You must be currently enrolled in a clinical graduate program with one of our partnering universities to qualify to apply. Please note: Fieldwork placements do not automatically lead to employment at Seneca.
Note for Post Graduate Clinical Interns:
As a post graduate MSW (ASW) or MFT (MFTi) you may qualify for any of the Clinician/Therapist positions at Seneca. As an employee, Seneca will assist you in gaining your hours, trainings, as well as supervision and support, as you move towards licensure. For more information about applying for a Clinical position with Seneca, please go to Employment Opportunities.